Future-forward restaurant is new addition in ship's expanded revitalization
MIAMI, Jan. 10, 2011 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --
The rules say you shouldn't play with your food. But it's quite the contrary in "Qsine," the novel restaurant introduced on Celebrity Cruises' stylish Celebrity Eclipse last year. The award-winning venue - the first at sea to present its menu and wine list on an iPad(TM) - has met with such phenomenal response that Celebrity plans to add it to Celebrity Infinity during the ship's revitalization, designed to complement the already award-winning Millennium Class ships' style and design with some of the most popular venues on the line's widely heralded Solstice Class ships.
"Qsine is designed to bring out our guests' 'inner foodie' through a uniquely unordinary approach, elevating the dining experience to a performance art," said Celebrity's Vice President of Culinary Operations Jacques Van Staden. "We've been absolutely thrilled with the response to Qsine from our guests on Celebrity Eclipse, and look forward to offering the same engaging experience when Celebrity Infinity presents the venue later this year."
Van Staden says the only serious thing in Qsine is the food, such as a vertical selection of savory tapas and mezze served individually in custom-made frames, a trio of chilled soups delivered shot-style, and spring rolls served in springs, all of which are described in detail on the iPad-housed menu and wine list, which offers a full scan of wine labels, an interactive cocktail menu, and the ability for guests to enter tasting notes and e-mail their favorite wine selections.
The first in the Millennium Class series to be revitalized was Celebrity Constellation in April 2010. Rave reviews from guests sailing on the "new" vessel led the brand to expand the process further on Celebrity Infinity, which will emerge from drydock December 3, 2011, with Qsine housed in the space where Tuscan Grille delights guests on Celebrity Constellation.
Joining Qsine in the expanded revitalization of Celebrity Infinity will be:
- AquaClass accommodations - marking a Millennium-Class 'first' - allowing guests on Celebrity Infinity to experience the brand's popular spa-inspired accommodations and amenities
- the chic, Mediterranean-themed specialty restaurant, "Blu," offered exclusively for AquaClass guests
- the hip Celebrity iLounge, which debuted on Celebrity Eclipse and made Celebrity Cruises the industry's first Authorized Apple Reseller, and where guests can participate in Celebrity's "iLearn" enrichment series
- more private luxury havens with entirely new verandas added to the ship's spacious, sumptuous Celebrity Suites
- additional new oceanview and inside staterooms
- an expanded collection of original, contemporary art
As on Celebrity Constellation, the following venues also will be incorporated on Celebrity Infinity during the ship's scheduled drydock period:
- a "cool" new ice-topped Martini Bar and Crush
- the vibrant creperie, Bistro on Five
- the inviting Cafe al Bacio and Gelateria
- Cellarmasters wine bar, complete with the "Enomatic" state-of-the-art wine serving system - an industry-first when it debuted on Celebrity Solstice - allowing guests to select wines by the glass, at the touch of a button
- more sumptuous suites, with all new furniture, flat-screen TVs, upholstery, bedding and carpeting
- restyled staterooms, with entirely new carpeting, flat-screen TVs, upholstery and bedding
- new color schemes, carpeting and upholstery reflective of the Solstice Class' stylish, modern design in every public venue
"Everything we've introduced on our award-winning Solstice Class fleet, and everything we're adding to our popular Millennium Class ships, has been created to enhance that all-important feeling of getting away," said Celebrity's President & CEO Dan Hanrahan. "All of our new venues and onboard experiences - paired with the spectacular service of our dedicated crew - are designed to ensure our guests can make the most of their precious vacation time."
Celebrity currently plans to similarly refurbish Celebrity Summit in January 2012, followed by Celebrity Millennium in April 2012. The already-revitalized Celebrity Constellation will be further refitted with the additional offerings in April 2013.
Celebrity Cruises is designed for discerning vacationers, with modern, sophisticated environments, impeccable service, enriching and inspiring onboard programs, and award-winning cuisine. The ultimate in premium cruising, Celebrity sails in Alaska, Australia/New Zealand, Bermuda, California, Canada/New England, the Caribbean, Europe, Hawaii, the Pacific Coast, Panama Canal, South America, and year-round in the Galapagos Islands. Celebrity also offers immersive cruisetour experiences in Alaska, Australia/New Zealand, Canada, Europe and South America. Celebrity's mega-series of honors include being named the top mega-ship line in Conde Nast Traveler's annual Readers' Choice Awards (November 2009). Celebrity's fleet currently consists of 10 ships. Its $3.7-billion investment in building five stylish Solstice Class ships between 2008-2012 represents the largest five-year investment in premium cruising. For more information, call your travel agent, dial 1-800-437-3111 or visit www.celebritycruises.com.
SOURCE Celebrity Cruises